Friday, May 13, 2011

Rosebank Farms CSA

For the past couple of years, I have been a member of the Rosebank Farms Community Supported Agriculture(CSA) program, and just love getting fruits and veggies like these from just down the road!  These strawberries are to die for.

I may or may not have eaten half of this box immediately after taking this picture...

For those of you who are not familiar with CSAs, basically you pay for a share of the farms crops, and then receive a weekly delivery of whatever plants are growing locally, and seasonally.  I also love knowing that I am supporting a local farm, and that fuel isn't being wasted to transport the food half way around the world.  You can also get eggs, flowers, and my favorite, goat cheese!


I encourage you to find a CSA in your area, and give it a try for a season.  I'm sure you will get some random veg that you have never seen, but look it up, and try a new recipe!

No comments: